Google Announces List of 20 Companies for Google for Startup (GFS) Accelerator India
Speaking about the dire situation that early stage startups have had to undergo owing to the ramifications of the pandemic, the announcement charted out Google’s single minded focus on aiding young companies over the next 18-24 months. Underlining arenas that require innovation to fight against the challenges being faced by the entire nation, GFS Accelerator has picked startups from varying industries such as education, retail, mental health and wellness, healthtech, fintech and agritech among others.
Started in 2015, GFS Accelerator has so far mentored over 600 startups and accelerated over 60, which have collectively gone on to raise over $700 million in funding and played a key role in making India the second largest startup ecosystem in the world. “The charter for Google for Startups Accelerator, since inception, has been to bring the best of Google to India’s thriving startup ecosystem, leverage Google’s learnings across the globe to help startups home in on the crux of building their solution, than waste resources reinventing the wheel,” said Paul Ravindranath, Program Manager, GFS Accelerator in a statement.
Doubling its regular intake to 20 from 10, Google scrutinized over 600 applicants to finalize the names that will receive three months of mentorship and support from the Google network of internal and external mentors. Selected startups will also receive access to Google teams, tech guidance on projects, machine learning related support, UX and design mentorship, leadership workshops, networking opportunities at industry engagements, PR support and much more.
Healthcare & Wellness
• InnerHour - A Tech-enabled mental health platform that supports people with their psychological needs.
• Wellthy Therapeutics - A digital medicine platform with proprietary clinical intelligence at its core and with therapy area expertise, algorithms, analytics and user experience design to assist all healthcare stakeholders achieve real world clinical and business outcomes
• Womaniya - Helps pregnant women get timely information about their baby growth and their body changes; get all their doubts and queries resolved by verified doctors; and connect them to other pregnant women to discuss daily issues.
• Mosaic Wellness - Building Direct to Consumer brands which lead Indians to live a life filled with wellness & grace.
• Navia Life Care - Digital platform for patients and providers to improve patient care, experience and outcomes.
• Virohan - Virohan predicts job demand for each job role across India, builds out the curriculum needed and delivers standardized training through blended and online learning, focusing on the healthcare sector and tier 2/3 employability.
• Antwak - Experiential Micro-Video Platform by professionals for professionals for free.
• Math Buddy - Products to help students learn Math with understanding.
• BharatAgri - End-to-end decision making support for Indian Farmers.
BlackLight Games - Brings multiplayer classic games to mobile creating socially interactive and community driven experiences.
Workplace collaboration tools
• myHQ - For the changing needs of today’s remote workforce, myHQ provides affordable, hyperlocal and flexible workspace solutions so that businesses and individuals have the choice and flexibility to work the way they like.
• Leher - A social network around LIVE video discussions.
• Orowealth - Provides the building blocks for wealth management, just plug in our developer friendly, enterprise grade APIs or a full solution platform and you are good to go.
• Dcoder - Dcoder is a mobile first coding platform for coders to code on the go, anytime and anywhere.
• Factors.ai - Automation of marketing analytics for SMBs/enterprises with a search driven AI powered product.
• Foxy.in - eCommerce 2.0 in beauty & grooming
• Gram Power - Cutting edge smart metering solutions to help businesses and utilities eliminate energy losses.
• Lokal - Local news, information and classifieds platform for non english speaking users in India.
• Mera Cashier - Efficient SMS and automatic IVR via a vernacular based mobile app to help SMBs get their credit back from customers 5x times faster.
• ZeoAuto - Helps last mile drivers making deliveries for couriers or independent businesses save time and cost by providing them the shortest route.